The 4Cs of creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, and communication are the cornerstone 21st century skills that every college- and career-ready student needs to possess. As a professional theatre educator, it’s your job to cultivate and model these lifelong traits. To do so, you must be innovative—in the classroom and on the stage. Join us in San Diego for our annual celebration of theatre education. Together, we’ll explore the broad challenges that today’s theatre teacher educator must meet in order to succeed in our ever-changing world.
Conference 2012 will feature:
• Our opening keynote speaker, Ben Cameron, known for his dynamic and compelling presentations on the value of the arts.
• The presentation of findings from the first national landscape study in more than twenty years of theatre teachers and school administrators on the state of theatre education, conducted by EdTA and Utah State University.
• An overview of the Next Generation Arts Standards Project.
• Practical workshops and educational opportunities to augment your skills for the classroom.
• Opportunities to network and exchange ideas with educators, just like you, from across the country.
• Inspiration from our newest class of EdTA Hall of Fame inductees.
To learn more about the conference and register, click here.