We are pleased to announce the 2014 University System of Georgia Teaching and Learning Conference scheduled for April 17-18. The event will take place at the UGA Hotel and Conference Center in Athens, Georgia. The focus of this conference is “Best Practices for Promoting Engaged Student Learning:”
- through the development of critical thinking
- by the effective use of distance and blended learning
- by developing collaborative models
- connecting with social networking and mobile learning
- creating active and engaged learning activities that support institutional plans for Complete College Georgia
- through the use of open educational resources to engage students and encourage student success
Our keynote speaker this year will be Todd Zakrajsek. He will speak on the topic of “Motivating and Engaging Your Students: Strategies for Teaching from the Psychology of Learning.” During this session, the engagement strategies suggested will be used to demonstrate the power of active learning. In the process, we will explore how instructors can make classroom learning, perhaps one of the most artificial learning settings, a more meaningful experience for students. The session facilitator will include theories of learning and motivation as a basis for creating and demonstrating strategies to increase student engagement in course content and class sessions.