The news that the SAT’s will be modified to more appropriately accord with today’s high school academic experience has been met with both strong approval...
Video: The Future of Technology in the Classroom!
Kate shares insights into the future of technology in the classroom. Will the classroom include self learning environments where students will have blue tooth stereo implants in their ears? Some educators believe technology in the classroom means developing 21st century skills like managing, analyzing and synthesizing multiple strains of information at the same time. So what do you think? Are you ready to introduce tech into your classroom? Watch the video to learn more.
To learn more about technology in the classroom, the self learning environment and other topics Kate talks about in the video please see the following sources:
- The Friendly, Neighborhood Internet School by David Gelernter, The Wall Street Journal, August 8th, 2012: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443659204577575001746476494.html
- From Sugata Mitra:
- His book (where I found his vision for the classroom of the future): Beyond the Hole in the Wall: Discover the Power of Self-Organized Learning (TED Books)
- TED blog piece on the book: http://blog.ted.com/2012/01/24/new-ted-book-asks-can-changing-how-we-teach-make-our-kids-smarter-more-creative/
- His TED talk: http://www.ted.com/talks/sugata_mitra_the_child_driven_education.html
- A Mathematician’s Lament by Paul Lockhart: http://www.maa.org/devlin/lockhartslament.pdf